Saturday 31 May 2008

Speed Racer Vs Harold & Kumar Escape From Guantanamo Bay





Speed Racer is the new one from the Wachowski brothers (Matrix). I'd read very indifferent reviews for this so I was pleasantly surprised by the real thing. It is definitely a family film and really comes across as a live action cartoon. The visuals are awesome and the narrative reminiscent of old Herbie films, or anything infact, with Dean Jones in it from the 60s and 70s. Muchos fun and ground breaking again from Andy and Larry, though I did often throughout catch myself wondering how much of it was made with the Video Game spin-off in mind. (6.123)
Harold & Kumar is the pits - I knew it would be and yet I went to see it and so I only have myself to blame for wasting 2 hours of precious time. I can't even bring myself to talk about it. It was CARP to the max. Sh*t piled within many more layers of even more sh*t. Not different kinds of sh*t however- oh no - just the same repetetive kinda sh*t. Don't bother ever watching it - it's not even bad-funny it's just SH*T (1.5) (And that's only for the maths poem).
And the winner is .... "on your marks" Speed Racer - Yay Go Speed

No comments: