Thursday 27 March 2008

This Week I Have Mostly Been Listening To - The Wolfmen and Cecilie


Now as you may have picked up, I absolutely love early Adam and the Ants stuff. Maybe love isn't a strong enough word for it but alas Marco, Merrick, Terry Lee, Gary Tibbs and .... was not really where it was happening for me ... AT ALL (well maybe a little bit when no one was looking). But I do however like to keep a close eye on Marco's doodlings and musings. Mr Pironi though, has had his moments; from the awesome Feedback Song on Rema Rema's Wheel in the Roses e.p. to his early collaboration with Sinead O'Connor. But now he has a new project The Wolfmen and this track Cecilie has just been nibbling away at me for months. I really like it alot. It reminds me a little of Iggy's The Passenger, which in itself reminds me of great nights out at Southport Floral Hall's Rock Night in the late 70s (OMG). The Passenger was always the last song they played - obviously The Time Warp haden't been discovered then.... Anyhoo Cecilie is such a grower but don't take my word for it, have a listen. Think Bryan Adams' Run To You vs Jethro Tull.






No comments: